Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Design Files

Because this week has been a little too crazy for taste, I'm going to mix up the order on you (and just when I had sort of settled on a rhythm).  

So just in time for maybe spring (those of us in NYC are learning that apparently, you can never count of the first spring-like day), take a look-see at this beauty here.  I've had this kicking around for months and months and I am actually surprised it took me this long to post it for you, that's just how much I love it.  This image, originally (as far as I can tell) from Apartment Therapy is mighty nice.  That's how this room makes me feel!  I say things like "mighty" and "look-see."  First of all, tulips.  I just love fresh blooms of any sort, but a nice white tulip?  Perfection.

But now on to the good stuff.



Oh lord, those chenille chairs!  I grew up with chenille throws draped over my couches and damn, what a luxury it would be to have the whole dang thing upholstered in it!  Maybe one day, but definitely not today.  I imagine chenille is a pretty difficult upholstery fabric as far as upkeep goes.  Anybody have any experience?

After the sky blue chenille, I have to admit, the rest is just a wash.  A beautifully-curated, aesthetically pleasing wash, but c'mon, sky blue chenille!  I love how each of the art pieces pick up on the blue hues though and the pale blue walls offer a backdrop a touch warmer than stark white might be.  Don't believe me?  Imagine if the walls were the color of that flokati rug or the sofa?  A bit sterile, no?  Sky blue to the rescue.  

Speaking of the flokati rug, boy oh boy do I want one!  Can you just imagine how warm your little tootsies would be in the winter?  So good.  And the way things are looking today in New York, we might never get a spring so maybe this isn't such a bad investment.  But I imagine my rug would be filled with strands of hair and missing food particles pretty quickly.  Maybe when I become a grown-up... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting touch, shoot!