Monday, April 22, 2013

The Four Agreements

I'm not really sure where I found this, but at the beginning of a very rough winter I posted this somewhere I would see daily and it's become an important part of my thinking. 
 
1) Be impeccable with your word.
2) Don't take things personally.
3) Don't make assumptions.
4) Always do your best.
 
I am not ashamed to admit that I have a horrible time with number two.  For some reason, my kneejerk reaction to anything negative is that it is somehow my fault or someone is doing something directly to spite me.  Silly and not useful for actually solving the problem at hand, but that is how I see things sometimes.  Anybody have any more agreements they would like to add?  Any that you struggle with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting touch, shoot!