Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Color Story

So after just about a month (very little of which I've actually spent there), my new little apartment may just be coming along.  My room is pretty much put together but our living space is a hot mess.  I mean, it's my hot mess, so the sideboard looks awesome and my free-to-me, fancy-schmancy navajo rug is anchoring the hell out of the room, but otherwise its bordering on shambles. 
 
First of all, we have no real seating.  This is only a problem if you like to sit...which I do, so it's my problem.  I've got a couple of solutions on the horizons (will I finally reupholster the sofa of my dreams? Maybe, if my fellow CL poster will get back to me.).  But while I wait, I'll leave you with some photos from my long lost trip to Iceland in March. 
 
I was so inspired (and relaxed) by the beautiful hot springs there, especially the color story they create.  Leaving the science out of it, the silica mud at the bottom of the pools cause the normally black lava rock to turn a pristine white.  I don't get it, but I sure do like it!  Between the matte black, glossy white and the crisp blue?  I think I have some ideas for my sofa...
 
 
 








 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting touch, shoot!